Phase 3: MCHB/HRSA Reviews Applications
The review takes 60-75 days from the application due date. Please note that this is a rough estimate.
- HRSA staff review the application to assure that the applicant met the grant deadline and grant application requirements.
- The grants office reviews the budgets and then forwards the applications to the Division of Independent Review (DIR).
- DIR and the MCHB program office are responsible for examining the application to determine that page limits have been followed, and that the applicant is eligible to apply.
- The DIR then convenes a panel of content experts to review and score all applications submitted in a given program area. The review panel might meet face-to-face or over the telephone.
- The panel develops a detailed summary review that outlines the strengths and weaknesses of each application according to the review criteria; and gives each grant a score.
- Scores are used to develop a list that ranks all applications submitted to the program area by their score.
Back To Top