Health Services Utilization
Prenatal care, postpartum care, and immunization are essential elements of perinatal health care. This section provides data on the use of these services, as well as on health insurance for mothers and infants.
- Barriers to Prenatal Care
- Counseling Received During Prenatal Care
- Health Insurance – Infants
- Health Insurance – Women of Reproductive Age
- Maternal and Infant Vaccination
- Postpartum Visit and Well-Baby Care
- Prenatal Care Utilization
Early and adequate prenatal care helps to promote health pregnancies. In 2011, 73.7 percent of women giving birth began prenatal care in the first trimester, and 84.8 percent of those who began prenatal care received an adequate number of visits.