Perinatal Risk Factors and Behaviors
This section provides information on many aspects of women’s health before and during pregnancy, all of which can strongly influence the health of their children.
- Alcohol Use During Pregnancy
- Impaired Fecundity and Infertility Services
- Intimate Partner Violence and Pregnancy
- Maternal Age
- Preconception Health
- Pregnancy Spacing
- Safe Sleep Behaviors
- Smoking During Pregnancy
- Stress During Pregnancy
- Unintended Pregnancy and Contraception Use
- Weight Gain During Pregnancy
In 2012, the overall fertility rate was the lowest level ever recorded: 63 births per 1,000 women. Birth rates for women aged 30 and older have risen since 1990 while those for adolescents and young women are at historically low levels. More about Maternal Age.