Integrated Child Health Information Systems
Wednesday, June 30, 2004, 2:00-3:00 p.m. ET
Overview | Presenter Information | Agenda | Resources | Archive
Please check the Technical Requirements section for assistance with downloading the presentations.
"MCHB Activities to Integrate Newborn Screening & Other Child Health Information Systems", Deborah Linzer
"Integrating Child Health Information Systemsin Oregon", Sherry Spence, MA
"Looking to the Future", David A. Ross, Sc.D.
- All Kids Count/Public Health Informatics Institute. Framework for Integrating Child Health Information Systems: Principles and Core Functions. JPHMP. 2004: In press.
- All Kids Count/Public Health Informatics Institute. Integration of Newborn Screening and Genetic Service Systems with Other Maternal & Child Health Systems: A Sourcebook for Planning and Development. June 2003. Available at: http://www.phii.org/. Accessed April 16, 2004.
- All Kids Count/Public Health Informatics Institute. Integration of Newborn Screening and Genetic Service Systems with Other Maternal & Child Health Systems: A Tool for Assessment and Planning. October 2003. Available at: http://www.phii.org/. Accessed April 16, 2004.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Newborn Screening Task Force. Serving the Family from Birth to the Medical Home: Newborn Screening: A Blueprint for the Future (A Call for a National Agenda on State Newborn Screening Programs). Pediatrics. 2000(Suppl);106: 389-427.
- Desposito, F, Lloyd-Puryear, M, Tonniges, TF, Rhein, F, Mann, M. Survey of pediatrician practices in retrieving statewide authorized newborn screening results. Pediatrics. 2001;108:1-8.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, 42 U.S.C. § 201.
- Kim S, Lloyd-Puryear MA, Tonniges T. Examination of communication practices between state newborn screening programs and the medical home. Pediatrics. 2003; 111:125-126.
- Linzer D, Lloyd-Puryear MA, Mann M, Kogan, MD. Evolution of a Child Health Profile Initiative. JPHMP. 2004: In press.
- National Newborn Screening and Genetics Resource Center. Fiscal Year 2004 Integration of Newborn Screening & Genetic Service Systems with Other Maternal and Child Health Systems Conference Summary, October 2003 and other related materials. Available at: http://genes-r-us.uthscsa.edu/.
- Therrell, BL, Panny SR, Davidson A, et al. US newborn screening system guidelines. Statement of the Council of Regional Networks for Genetic Services. Screening. 1992;1:135-147.
- Webcast of preconference skill building workshop at AMCHP Annual Meeting, February 29, 2004: "A Framework for Integrating Child Health Information Systems (CHIS)"
- The National Health Information Infrastructure
- Public Health Informatics Institute