Social Determinants of Maternal & Child Health: Data, Policy Implications & Opportunities
Thursday, October 28, 2010, 2:00-3:00 p.m. ET
Overview | Presenter Information | Agenda | Resources | Archive
Please check the Technical Requirements section for assistance with downloading the presentations.
- Braveman P, Egerter S. Overcoming obstacles to health. Princeton, NJ: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, 2008.
- Egerter S, Braveman P, Pamuk E, Cubbin C, Dekker M, Pedregon V, Sadegh-Nobari T. America’s health starts with healthy children: how do states compare? The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Commission to Build a Healthier America. 2008
- Miller W, Simon P, Maleque S., eds. Beyond health care: new directions to a healthier America. The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Commission to Build a Healthier America. 2009.
- Haskins R and Barnett WS, eds. Investing in Young Children: New Directions in Federal Preschool and Early Childhood Policy. Brookings Center on Children and Families and the National Institute for Early Education Research. September 2010.
- Isaacs JB, Steurle CE, Rennane S, Macomber J. Kids’ share 2010: report on federal expenditures on children through 2009. Washington DC: Urban Institute, Brookings, 2010.
- Schulman K and Blank H. State child care assistance policies 2010: New Federal Funds Help States Weather the Storm. National Women’s Law Center, September 2010.
Forthcoming articles in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, January 2011 supplement:
- Braveman P, Egerter S, Mockenhaupt R. Broadening the Focus: The Need to Address the Social Determinants of Health.
- Miller W, Sadegh-Nobari T, Lillie-Blanton M. Healthy Starts for All: Policy Prescriptions.
Home Visiting Programs
- Karoly LA, Kilburn MR, Cannon JS. Early Childhood Interventions: Proven Results, Future Promise. Santa Monica, CA: RAND, 2005.
- Aos S, Lieb R, Mayfield J, et al. Benefits and Costs of Prevention and Early Intervention Programs for Youth. Olympia, WA: Washington State Institute for Public Policy, 2004.
New York City Program
- Levy S. Progress against poverty: sustaining Mexico’s PROGRESA-Oportunidades Program. Washington, DC: The Brookings Institution, 2006.