- Fine A, Kotelchuck M. 1999. SPRANS: A Strategic Assessment. Unpublished report.
- Eisen N, Evans J, Kavanagh L, Athey J. 1999. The Healthy Tomorrows Partnership for Children Program in Review: Analysis and Findings of a Descriptive Survey. Arlington, VA: National Center for Education in Maternal and Child Health.
- Athey J, Kavanagh L, Bagley K, Hutchins V. 2000. Building the Future: The Maternal and Child Health Training Program. Arlington, VA: National Center for Education in Maternal and Child Health.
- Hutchins V. 1994. Maternal and Child Health Bureau: Roots. Pediatrics 94(5):695–699.
- National Academy of Sciences, Institute of Medicine, Division of Health Care Services, Committee for the Study of the Future of Public Health. 1988. The Future of Public Health. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- McPherson M, Arango P, Fox H, Lauver C, McManus M, Newacheck P, Perrin J, Shonkoff J, Strickland B. 1998. A new definition of children with special health care needs. Pediatrics 102(1):137–140.
- Social Security Act, Title V. Grants to States for Maternal and Child Welfare, P.L. 74-271, 1935.
- Green M, Palfrey AS, eds. 2000. Bright Futures: Guidelines for Health Supervision of Infants, Children, and Adolescents (2nd ed.). Arlington,VA: National Center for Education in Maternal and Child Health.
- Mayer R, Director, National Center for Education in Maternal and Child Health. 2001. Personal communication. Arlington, VA: National Center for Education in Maternal and Child Health.
- Knobeloch C, ed. 1987. Leadership Training: The Report of Two MCH-Sponsored Workshops. Unpublished paper. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
11. Fifield M, Fifield B. 1995. The Evolution of University Affiliated Programs for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities: Changing Expectations and Practices [report submitted to the Administration on Developmental Disabilities]. Silver Spring, MD: AAUAP.
- Dickens M, Green JL, Kohrt AE, Pearson HA. 1992. The medical home policy statement. Pediatrics 90(5):774.
- Fineberg HV, Green GM, Ware JH, Anderson BL. 1994. Changing public health training needs: professional education and the paradigm of public health. Annual Review of Public Health (15):237–57.
- Potter LB, Rosenberg M, Hammond WR. 1998. Suicide in youth: A public health framework.
Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 37(5):484–490.
15. Pew Environmental Health Commission. 2000.
Attack Asthma: Why America Needs a Public Health Defense System to Battle Environmental Threats. Baltimore, MD: Pew Environmental Health Commission.
- Sneed RC, May WL, Stencel CS. 2000. Training of pediatricians in the care of physical disabilities in children with special health needs: Results of a two-state survey of practicing pediatricians and national resident training programs. Pediatrics 105(3):554–561.
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey, United States, 1999. June 9, 2000. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports Surveillance Summaries
- Emans SJ, Bravender T, Knight J, Frazer C, Luoni M, Berkowitz C, Armstrong E, Goodman E. 1998. Adolescent medicine training in pediatric residency programs: Are we doing a good job? Pediatrics 101(3):588–595.
19. Olson AL, Kelleher KJ, Kemper KJ, Zukerman B, Hammond C,
Dietrich A. 2001. Primary care pediatricians’ roles and perceived responsibilities
in the identification and management of depression in children and adolescents.
Ambulatory Pediatrics 1(2):91–98.
20. Pediatric Pulmonary Centers. 1998. Outcomes of Leadership Training Survey by the Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Funded by the Maternal and Child Health Bureau, September 1998.
21. Boyer EL. 1997. Scholarship Reconsidered, Priorities of the Professoriate. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.