Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Program
HRSA-20-040 | Maternal & Child Health Bureau
Application Accepted: 10/18/2019 to 01/21/2020
Projected Award Date: 07/01/2020
Estimated Award Amount: N/A
This notice announces the opportunity to apply for funding under the Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers program (PPC program). The purpose of the PPC program is to improve the health status of infants, children, and adolescents1 with chronic respiratory conditions, sleep issues, and other related special health care needs.
The specific objectives of the PPC program are to:
(1) Provide interdisciplinary leadership training at the graduate and post-graduate levels in pediatric pulmonary medicine, nursing, nutrition, social work, and at least one additional discipline;
(2) Engage with families as full partners to support family-centered practice, policies, and research;
(3) Increase access to health services through innovative methods, such as telehealth, collaborative systems of care (i.e., medical homes), and distance-learning modalities;
(4) Provide technical assistance, consultation, continuing education (CE), and subject matter expertise to facilitate academic-practice partnerships; and
(5) Support diverse and underrepresented trainees and faculty, and increase the cultural competence and skills of trainees and faculty to address health disparities in underserved communities.