24/7, Free, Confidential Hotline for Pregnant and New Moms in English and Spanish
The National Maternal Mental Health Hotline can help. Call or text 1-833-9-HELP4MOMS (1-833-943-5746). TTY users can use a preferred relay service or dial 711 and then 1-833-943-5746.
If you are in suicidal crisis, please call or text 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) or visit the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website.
Pregnancy and a new baby can bring a range of emotions. Many women feel overwhelmed, sad, anxious, or exhausted at different times during their pregnancy or after having a baby.
These feelings can make it hard to care for yourself, care for your baby, or even do basic daily tasks. Sometimes these feelings go away on their own. But for some women, these emotions, if they last more than two weeks, are more serious and need treatment.
About the National Maternal Mental Health Hotline
The National Maternal Mental Health Hotline provides 24/7, free, confidential support before, during, and after pregnancy. The Hotline offers callers:
- Phone or text access to professional counselors
- Real-time support and information
- Response within a few minutes, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Referrals to local and telehealth providers and support groups
- Culturally sensitive support
- Counselors who speak English and Spanish
- Interpreter services in 60 languages
Frequently Asked Questions about the National Maternal Mental Health Hotline.