Pediatric Mental Health Care Access/American Rescue Plan Act - Pediatric Mental Health Care Access - New Area Expansion Programs
The Second Annual Pediatric Mental Health Care Access (PMHCA) Program All-Awardee Meeting
The Health Resources and Services Administration's Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB), Division of Maternal and Child Health Workforce Development (DMCHWD), recently conducted its second annual Pediatric Mental Health Care Access (PMHCA) Program All-Awardee Meeting.
Current list of awardees, including project information and abstracts.
The purpose of the Pediatric Mental Health Care Access (PMHCA) and the American Rescue Plan Act – Pediatric Mental Health Care Access – New Area Expansion (ARP-PMHCA) programs is to promote behavioral health integration into pediatric primary care by supporting pediatric mental health care telehealth access programs. State or regional networks of pediatric mental health care teams will provide tele-consultation, training, technical assistance, and care coordination for pediatric primary care providers to diagnose, treat, and refer children with behavioral health conditions. Successful recipients will focus on achieving health equity related to racial, ethnic, and geographic disparities in access to care, especially in rural (including frontier and hard- to-reach) and other underserved areas. PMHCA/ARP-PMHCA advance HRSA strategic plan goals to improve access to quality health services, foster a health care workforce able to address current and emerging needs, achieve health equity, and enhance population health.
For the PMHCA/ARP-PMHCA programs, telehealth is defined as the use of electronic information and telecommunication technologies to support and promote long-distance clinical consultation, patient and professional health-related education, public health and health administration. Permitted telehealth modalities between providers include (but are not limited to): real-time video, telephonic communications, store-and-forward imaging, and mobile health (mHealth) applications.
- Madhavi M. Reddy, MSPH - 301-443-0754
- Cara de la Cruz, PhD - 301-443-0764
- Kelly Dawson Hughes, MPH - 301-945-3331
- Katherine Gainer, MPH - 678-333-8825
- Jordanna Snyder, MPH, CHES - 301-945-9482
The Reports and Measures guidance below provides general information on required reporting, due dates, and measures. Additional guidance is provided on the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) Performance Measures (PMs), NOFO Outcome Measures (OMs), and Congressional Justification (CJ) Measures through the General Data Template below. HRSA strongly encourages PMHCA/ARP-PMHCA awardees to use the General Data Template for ongoing data collection efforts throughout the year. Form 10 (below) is used to report a subset of PMs, NOFO OMs, and CJ measures as well as additional measures on Capacity-Building 8, Child Health 5, and Adolescent Health 4. The remaining NOFO PM, NOFO OM, and CJ measures not captured in Form 10 will continue to be captured in the NCC Progress Report.
- Reports and Measures for 2018 Awardees, June 2021
- Reports and Measures for 2019 Awardees, June 2021
- General Data Template, June 2021
- Form 10 Data Collection, June 2021
PMHCA Awardee Teleconsultation Phone Lines
Each Pediatric Mental Health Care Access Program recipient supports a phone line for additional information and teleconsultation services. These phone lines are available to practicing providers within each of the following states.
- Alabama Department of Mental Health
- Alaska Department of Health and Social Services
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Delaware Department of Services for Children, Youth, and their Families
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Maine Department of Health and Human Services
- Maryland Department of Health, Behavioral Health Administration
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Mississippi Department of Mental Health
- Missouri Department of Mental Health
- Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- Nevada Division of Child and Family Services
- New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
- New Jersey Department of Health
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
919-681-2909 ext. 1
- North Dakota Department of Health
- Rhode Island Department of Health
- Virginia Department of Health
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services