Our division leads health promotion, injury prevention, and emergency medical services for children, adolescents, and young adults.
- The Bright Futures Periodicity Schedule (national guidelines for all preventive care screenings and well-child visits)
- One of three sets of comprehensive preventive care guidelines supported by HRSA
- Includes recommended screenings, assessments, immunizations, and procedures
- More than 9,800 pediatric primary health care professionals used Bright Futures educational material as part of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Education in Quality Improvement for Pediatric Practice (EQIPP) online training modules.
- The School-Based Health Alliance and the National Center for School Mental Health together promote best practices among school-based health centers to support comprehensive school health and mental health care in schools and school districts.
- Stopbullying.gov receives over 10 million visits per year. We co-lead the Editorial Board that develops and approves all content.
- Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC)
- Supports 58 states and jurisdictions to improve pediatric emergency readiness
- Increased the number of states that established a pediatric medical facility recognition program from 5 to 17 states between 2006 and 2020.1
- Increased Pediatric Emergency Care Coordinators (PECC) champions in EMS agencies from 23% in FY2018 to 36% in FY2020
Programs We Manage
- Adolescent and Young Adult Health National Resource Center Program
- Bright Futures
- National Coordinating Committee on School Health and Safety (NCCSHS)
- Oral Health
- Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network (CoIIN) on School-Based Health Services
- Screening and Interventions for Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) in Primary Care Settings Demonstration Project
- Bullying Prevention
- Child Death Review
- Children’s Safety Network
- Poison Control Program
- National Action Partnership to Promote Safe Sleep Program
Emergency Medical and Disaster Preparedness Services for Children
- Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) (overview)
- EMSC State Partnerships
- EMSC Innovation and Improvement Center (EIIC)
- Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network (PECARN)
- EMSC Targeted Issue Grants
- EMSC Data Center
- Regional Pediatric Pandemic Network
Sara B. Kinsman, M.D., Ph.D.
1Data reported by EMSC State Partnership performance reports.
Date Last Reviewed: